Image courtesy of The Atlantic.
March 1, 2018
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 pm
CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
Competence and Confidence
Competence and Confidence are the two sides of successful Training and Development. Core Competency is the foundation while Confidence is the variable that determines the quality and success. In this informative and interactive session, Elliot will lead a guided discussion and individual and group activities, which will help participants to be more confident, more engaging and more positive, even in the most challenging of T & D situations. This session will be fun, enlightening and uplifting.
In this session, we will provide details to set expectations of following bullet points:
- Discover the relationship between competence and confidence in the training process.
- Be more confident as they design and deliver more effective training.
- Recognize the value that soft skills play in learning and retaining content.
Agenda:5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Practice
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by "Friday before Event" (February 23rd) and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40
(Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday before Event (February 23rd)
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
Refunds after Friday before Event (February 23rd) at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenter:
Throughout his various careers, Elliot Gold has helped people improve the quality of their personal and professional lives. Elliot developed and honed his skills as a trainer and coach with Dale Carnegie Training, and in training and development positions in both the public and private sectors. As a founder of Soft Skill Solutions, he helps people build self-confidence while developing skills and attitudes that make them more effective in the workplace, more engaged with their family and friends, and more involved in their communities.