January 8, 2015
NEW TIME: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Managing Transitions - Making the
Most of Change
Change management is, at its best, managing the transition from a current state to a desired or future state.
So why do almost 70% of all change management efforts fail? How can you handle resistance to change in individuals and organizations so change can be more effective?
In this session, find out how you can address “the people side of change” to increase the effectiveness of your efforts.
You will also learn how to manage personal and organizational transitions using the model and principles developed by William Bridges in his ground-breaking books, Transitions: Making Sense of Life’s Changes and Managing Transitions: Making the Most of Change.
Kathy Waltz Miller is an energetic speaker, trainer, and consultant who is a catalyst for positive change in individuals and organizations.
Kathy has over 20 years’ business and organizational development experience in the corporate, higher education, and non-profit sectors. She holds a master’s degree in Human Resources and Organizational Development from Eastern Michigan University and is a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP). Kathy is VP of Education & Programs for the MidMichigan Chapter of ATD.
Learning Objectives - Attendees will:
- Understand the main difference between change and transition.
- Understand the three key reasons why change efforts fail.
- Understand the Transition Model for managing organizational change.
- Create a Personal Action Plan to immediately apply at least one principal of managing transitions to managing change in your life or workplace.
NOTE: Starting at 5:30 pm, instead of 5:00 pm
5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Activities
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Registration: Register by January 5 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40 (Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, January 2.
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
Refunds after Friday, January 2 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.