March 5, 2015
NEW TIME: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
The CPLP for Building a Professional Career in Talent Development
The Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) certification for professional careers in talent development has increasing importance for recognition in organizations that value continuous improvement in its people as the most valuable asset. The ATD Competency Model provides a comprehensive road map to identify specific knowledge, skills, and abilities in order for them to be valued. Participants will have an opportunity to review their own professional career development with different competencies to support others in their learning and growth process.
- ATD Competency Model:
- Outline the process of CPLP certification
- Relate the CPLP certification to their professional career development aspirations and goals
- Identify resources to support their interests in the CPLP application
- Reflect on their professional competencies for talent development
Dr. Diana J. Wong is an Associate Professor in Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Organization Development and Change at Eastern Michigan University. She received her PhD in strategy from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. From 2005-2007, Dr. Wong served as President of the ASTD Ann Arbor Chapter and received her CPLP as part of the pioneering cohort for launching the certification program. Her passion for professional development focuses on leadership development and organizational change as critical factors for competitive strategies that sustain great organizations.
5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Activities
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by March 2 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40 (Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, February 27
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
Refunds after Friday, February 27 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.