April 2, 2015
NEW TIME: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
What is xAPI and Will It Really Change My Life?
SCORM is the way our industry has tracked our learners' elearning progress in the learning management system for a decade, but it's both confined and confining. xAPI is the still-wet-behind-the-ears standard that frees us up to measure anything, even everything our learners do.
Wow, that sounds great... now what?
In this session, you'll explore xAPI's instructional & evaluation opportunities with Megan Torrance of TorranceLearning, and the technical side of things with Rob Houck from LearnShare.
After a brief grounding in what xAPI is and where it came from, we'll brainstorm ways in which you can be using it to track learning and performance data (and what to do with all the data!). Then we'll take a look at a roadmap that you can use to plot your organization's path forward.
- Describe xAPI and its potential impact on your organization
- Identify ways for instructor-led, webcast, experiential, social and web-based learning to be tracked using xAPI
- Plot a course toward xAPI adoption in your organization
5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Activities
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by March 30 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40 (Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, March 27
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
Refunds after Friday, March 27 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenters:
Megan Torrance is the CEO of TorranceLearning, a custom learning design & development firm based in Chelsea. TorranceLearning is an early adopter of xAPI and Megan has given conference presentations and panel discussions on the topic.
Rob Houck is the CTO of LearnShare, LLC, a learning, performance and talent management solutions provider based in Maumee, OH. LearnShare's learning record store (LRS) supports cross-platform learning and performance data via xAPI.