January 7, 2016
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Prezi or PowerPoint - Which is Better for Your Training Presentation?
Prezi is a cloud-cased presentation tool that uses a zooming, three-dimensional interface in place of the typical linear slideshow format used in PowerPoint and Keynote. Using Prezi in the classroom provides several advantages for trainers, but it's not appropriate for every application. Watch a demonstration of what Prezi can and can't do, and see if it might work for your next presentation.
After this session, you'll be able to:
1. Understand the differences between Prezi and PowerPoint
2. Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of using Prezi for training
3. Identify resources for learning more about Prezi
Agenda:5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Practice
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by Jan 1 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40
(Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, Jan. 1
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
Refunds after Friday, Jan. 1 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenter:
Robin Pierman teaches Prezi and social media classes in Detroit, Michigan. She is endorsed by Prezi as an Official Independent Prezi Expert and has a Master’s Degree in Education from the University of Michigan. Robin teaches in corporate and university classrooms as well as virtual training environments.
Robin serves as the Social Media Director of the Detroit Chapter of the Association for Talent Development. She shares her technical expertise with various organizations in the Greater Detroit area. Robin is the author of two blogs; one for social media: www.SocialEngagementz.com, and one for Prezi: www.TeachMePrezi.com.