May 5, 2016
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Making the Most of Mobile Learning Tools, Templates, Models and Patterns
Uncover the pros and cons of various mobile learning authoring tools, templates, models and patterns in this session with Matt Kurtin of Innovative Learning Group.
Matt will uncover authoring tool selection concepts that are relevant for all e-learning and mobile learning programmers. This program focuses on selecting the best tools for specific needs instead of a "best tool" for all purposes. Enhance productivity by understanding reusable functions, separation of content and functionality, debugging functionality, selection of proper level of abstraction and selection of appropriate levels of rigor for reusability.
Matt will present real world examples from actual mobile learning courses and draw on a mixture of practical mobile learning development experience and widely accepted computer science principles.
At the end of this session, you'll be able to:
1. Identify strengths and weaknesses of tools, templates, models and patterns.
2. Identify pros and cons of various authoring tools.
3. Communicate tips for improving mobile learning programming efficiency using authoring tool composition.
4. Communicate tips for efficient mobile learning programming in a variety of authoring tools.
Agenda:5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Practice
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by April 29 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40
(Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, Apr. 29
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
Refunds after Friday, Apr. 29 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenter:
Matt Kurtin is a lead programmer and learning technology consultant at Innovative Learning Group. He has over 18 years experience developing e-learning courses and learning management systems.
Matt has presented various technology topics at local and national training and development professional associations and has conducted web seminars and other technology related presentation for the eLearning Guild and Brandon Hall.