January 5, 2017
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Think Like an Actor, Speak Like a Pro
5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
Whether you’re conveying difficult or complex information to a potential client, facilitating a training, or speaking to a group from the behind a lecture at a professional conference, you are continuously presenting ideas and information. No matter the speaking scenario, the pressure to present in a clear, confident and engaging manner is undeniable.
You might wonder:
- How do I make my presentations more interesting and relatable?
- How do I convey facts and data in a way that keeps everyone engaged?
- How can I manage the fear and performance anxiety that can make me stumble or keep me from delivering at full capacity?
- What’s the best way to prepare and rehearse?
- How do I help myself remain relaxed, real and on-point in front of what I would consider an intimidating audience of one or many?
This interactive session will answer those questions, and more. You'll learn and practice foundational principles that will strengthen your ability to effectively create and deliver a presentation. And you'll take away theatre-based presentation techniques that will help ignite what Eleni Kelakos calls your Transformational Presence, so you can bring your most genuine and engaging self to the speaking platform.
The learning objectives are:
1.The Five Principles of Transformational Presence
2. ""We're Going to Disneyland"": How to structure a presentation for maximum impact and audience engagement
3. Preparation for Peak Performance: "Creating a customized Preparation Toolkit for more confidence and less anxiety."
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Practice
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by December 30th and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40
(Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, December 30th.
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
Refunds after Friday, December 30th at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenter:
Eleni Kelakos has spent a lifetime on stage: First, as a professional actress in New York and Los Angeles; then as an award winning, nationally touring singer and songwriter; and finally, as a professional motivational speaker, inspiring people to bring what she calls their Transformational Presence to their work and words.
Since founding her coaching and training company, The Eleni Group, in 2003, Eleni has helped hundreds of individuals at companies-- ranging from General Motors to entrepreneurial start-ups-- pitch and present with the kind of confidence and charisma that closes deals and cements relationships.
A double major in Theatre and Semiotics from Brown University, Eleni is a past president of the National Speakers Association of Michigan. She’s sung the national anthem at Shea Stadium for three (winning) Mets games, and has produced four acclaimed CDs of her original songs. Her book, Touch the Sky: Find Your Voice, Speak Your Truth, Make Your Mark, was a gold medal winner of the 2014 Global e-Book Awards. "