(photo courtesy of TripAdvisor.com)
January 18th, 2017
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 pm
A2ATD Night at the Museum with Torrance Learning
We’ll have an inside look at the variety of ways that the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum delivers education opportunities “beyond the exhibit” from their pop-up programming in the Museum, traveling programs throughout the state, distance education sessions that go out all over the US and beyond, and “stealth learning” QR codes planted around the Museum …. to DEEP, the Digitally Enhanced Exhibit Program developed by TorranceLearning.
With DEEP, the Museum can offer a tailored experience to individuals and field trip groups, recording data about the visit tied back to school curriculum standards.
At this special Thursday evening event you will:
• Gather ideas about multiple approaches to learning based on the Museum’s offerings
• Experience personalized, in-situ learning using iPads and Bluetooth beacons
• See how the Experience API (xAPI) can be used to gather enhanced data about a learning experience that happens outside the LMs
• Network with peers in a fun and creative space you may not have visited in years!
Agenda:5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Practice
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Ann Arbor Hands on Museum
220 Ann St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Register by Friday before Event (Jan. 12th, 2017) and save $5
- Chapter members = $25
- Non-member guests = $35
(Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday before Event (Jan. 12th, 2017)
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
Refunds after Friday before Event (Jan. 12th, 2017) at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenter:
Megan Torrance is CEO and founder of TorranceLearning, which helps organizations connect learning strategy to design, development, data and ultimately performance. She has over 25 years of experience in learning design, deployment and consulting with organizations such as UnitedHealth Group, Dow Chemical, Kohler and Kellogg’s.
TorranceLearning projects have won IELA and BrandonHall (2012, 2014, 2016) awards, the 2014 xAPI Hyperdrive contest at DevLearn, and back-to-back eLearning Guild DemoFest Best-In-Show awards in 2016/2017.
A graduate of Cornell University with a degree in Communication and an MBA, Megan lives and works near Ann Arbor, Michigan. email@example.com or on Twitter @mmtorrance