April 4, 2019
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Twist in Talent Development: Personal Strategic Plans
Most people are very familiar with strategic planning for organizations. However, many organizations have fallen short in successfully creating career development plans that can be effectively driven by their employees. To demystify this dilemma, Organizational Kimistry has transformed the same strategic planning methodology that businesses use into an iterative and actionable framework that each workshop attendee can take back to their organization and include as part of their talent development toolkit.This workshop is designed to provide you with the ability to:
- Understand how strategic planning can be an effective framework for your organization's Talent Development plans
- Utilize the 4-step process to introduce personal strategic plans as a Career Development tool in your Talent Management strategy
- Revise this concept to be used in other Talent Management strategies such as succession and promotion planning
5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Practice
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building, Room 150
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by March 29 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40
(Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on March 29, 2019.
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
- Refunds after March 29 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenter:
Kimika Garrett is the Principal Consultant at Organizational Kimistry, creator of Planning with a Twist (a strategic planning workshop series) and a strategic HR Manager for Visteon.
Kimika is a versatile, energetic, forward-thinking organizational improvement champion with experience in the technology, non-profit and chemical/research industries. She is passionate about helping organizations achieve operational excellence through strategic planning, process/performance improvement and human capital management.
Her functional expertise includes Process and Performance Improvement, Organization Development & Effectiveness, Training & Development, Strategic Planning, and Talent Management. Kimika a holds a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management & Organizational Development (MSHROD) from Eastern Michigan University, and is a certified Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt, PHR (Professional in Human Resources) and SHRM-CP (SHRM Certified Professional).