October 3, 2019
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 pm
True Colors® is a model for understanding yourself and others based on your personality temperament. By each attendees’ participation in this workshop, they will be able to differentiate the four central True Colors® personality styles. Each of us has a combination of the four True Colors that make up our personality spectrum, usually with one of the styles being the most dominant. By identifying your personality (and the personalities of others), True Colors provides insights into different motivations, actions, and communication approaches. The core of the system identifies intrinsic values, motivations, self-esteem, sources of dignity and worthiness, causes of stress, communication styles, listening styles, non-verbal responses, language patterns, social skills, learning styles, environmental motivators, cultural appeal, negative mental states, relationship orientation and ethical behaviors.
In this session participants will use a True Colors process to determine their unique pallet. Once the pallet is determined, we will then learn about the strengths, weaknesses and possibilities to use their knowledge to better clarify communications, and potential methods for motivating direct reports and fellow workers.
At the end of the session attendees will be able to:
- Identify individual personality color spectrum
- Understand the strengths and challenges of each personality spectrum
- Use the color spectrum to better manage, communicate with, and coach fellow workers/direct reports
5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Practice
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by September 27th and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40
- (Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on September 27, 2019
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
- Refunds after September 27 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenter:
Professor Jerry van Rossum is an assistant professor and division chair of the Business Division at Marygrove College, Detroit, Michigan. He is a professor of Business Management and Human Resource Management. Prior to joining Marygrove College, Professor van Rossum served 20 years as Mission Center President and Appointee Minister for the Community of Christ A native of the Netherlands. Jerry has lived in the Netherlands, Canada and the United States. He has worked and traveled extensively throughout North America, Europe, Russia and Japan, Some of his professional accomplishments include:
Professor van Rossum provided consulting and coaching services for clients including:
- Founding his own business advisory services and management consulting firm--Smith-van Rossum and Associates LLC, with clients representing micro businesses, start-up companies, manufacturing companies, non-profit corporations, marketing firms and service industries strategically positioning them for continued growth
- Developing and teaching original syllabi in Business Ethics and Business Simulation, Financial Managers,Small Business Management, & Introduction to Entrepreneurship classes for graduate studies and in Human Resources Management, Bachelor of Management and Business Administration
- Merged 4 diverse church jurisdictional operations into an integrated single mid-level model of church governance, while reducing overhead costs by 40% and maintaining all full time,part time and volunteer staff
- Development and implementation of creative and international leadership programs for young adult leaders
- Restructuring Community Outreach Services Corporation Board of Directors into 3 distinct divisions and leveraging the organization’s strengths and capital to gain over a million dollars in public and private grants
- U.S. Department of Defense
- Beaumont Hospital
- The Wayne County 3rd Circuit Court-Clinic for Child Study
- American Pride Tattoo
- Neil King Physical Therapy
- DAS Enterprises LLC
- Michigan Society of Government Meeting Professionals
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Michigan Association of School Administrators
Professor van Rossum holds graduate degrees in Business Administration from the Richard DeVos School of Management at Northwood University, Midland Michigan; and Religious Leadership from Park University, Parkville, Missouri. Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management and is a SHRM-SCP (Senior Certified Professional)and is a certified True Colors Facilitator.