February 5, 2020
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Using xAPI Outside of an LMS to Analyze Learning Behaviors
LLamasoft’s Learning Experience team needed to know if videos they built for the product help system (HTML) were helpful to customers. Similarly, we wanted visibility into search terms and page views. We lacked the data needed for such insight. Having this data would allow us to see if video development was a worthwhile use of the team’s resource allocation.
In our session, we explore how we used xAPI to collect the data that we need to drive relevant insights that will help us to determine our strategy to the integration of videos in the help system going forward. We will do this by presenting the visualizations of data that we present to stakeholders.
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Find the resources to make xAPI work for you and/or your organization
- Adopt a process to establish an xAPI proof-of-concept that drives value
- Take an incremental approach to develop xAPI competency
5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Practice
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by January 31 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40
(Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on January 31, 2020
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
- Refunds after January 31 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenters:
Andrew McGuire (left) is a learning experience designer at LLamasoft, where he specializes in developing engaging content and tracking learner experiences. He has been working in eLearning development for the past five years. Before joining the world of eLearning, Andrew taught English at the college level for seven years. He has an MA in English composition from Northeastern Illinois University.
Dave Kerschbaum (right) is a learning experience designer at LLamasoft, where he focuses on equipping learners with the right solution for their particular needs. He has been an instructional designer, course builder, course writer, content wrangler, voice over artist, and audio engineer over the past 10-plus years. Before that he was a technical writer at various software and equipment companies and an airline.