“In our work as leadership coaches we advise our Talent Development and HR partners about identifying future leaders in their companies and creating programs to form them into better leaders. Often times we also work to help a Director or VP who, though smart, dedicated, motivated, hard-working, and creative, is also a difficult, opinionated, know-it-all."Developing as a leader is a difficult endeavor. Demands on leaders are increasing, meaning there is less time for focusing on personal change. And, the catch is that as more is expected of you as a leader, there is less time for development.
It’s not easy, but our stakeholder centered process is proven over literally thousands of candidate leaders. This model has just a few simple steps: Ask, Listen, Think, Thank,Change, Follow Up.
This simple model for leadership development works! If I can help you consider the possibility that despite all of your success to date you might have some things that youcan change to be “even better” – then we will have done our job.
In this session, we will:
1. Ask: Ask people "How can I do better at_(You choose)_?
2. Listen: Listen to their answers, don't talk.
3. Think: Think about their input. What does it mean?
4. Thank: Thank people for sharing their feedback with you.
5. Change: It isn't an academic exercise. Plan a little, act a lot.
6. Follow-up: Follow up regularly so stakeholders will notice.