Join us for our April 3 Chapter Meeting:
Explore new initiatives in engaged education and digital learning in a higher education setting, so as to enable comparisons with your own working environment or corporate training situation. See how the university is evolving and compare these changes with your own university experience from the past.
We introduce another new format for this event! This meeting is being held offsite at the Duderstadt Center, Room 1180, from 4 - 6 pm. The meeting begins with tours and concludes with dinner.
Short presentations will be followed by tours of Design Lab 1 and 3 within the Digital Media Commons, as well as ISD’s distance learning classrooms and recording studio. We’ll finish the program with dinner and informal discussions of initiatives in higher education and the corporate sector. The facilitators will inspire dinner table conversations in smaller groups.
- Virginia Hamori-Ota, Instructional Design & Program Development
- Scott Mahler, Manager e-Learning Services
- Linda Knox, Senior Associate Librarian, Digital Media Commons
- Tim O'Brien, Online-Course Production Coordinator, Office of the Provost, University of Michigan, College of Engineering, Integrative Systems & Design
- Find out about new initiatives in engaged education and digital learning at The University of Michigan
- Tour state-of-the-art production facilities and distance learning classrooms.
- Tour collaborative learning environments Design Lab 1 and Design Lab 3, which were conceived to optimize the creative process for engineering and design students.
4:00 – 4:30 Brief Presentations
4:30 - 5:15 Facilities Tours in Small Groups
5:15 – 6:00 Dinner and Discussions
Duderstadt Center, Room 1180
University of Michigan,
2281 Bonisteel Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2094
Map of North Campus, Pierpont Location.pdf
There are several visitor parking locations on the map, labeled VP, and they take cash or credit cards at an automated station. In mid-afternoon, we recommend parking right behind Art & Architecture in the lot right off of Fuller Rd. You walk straight up the stairs and directly through the building to reach Bonisteel Blvd, and the Duderstadt Center is right across the street.
Registration: Register by April 1 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40 (Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, March 28.
Refunds after Friday, March 28 at 5 pm cannot be issued
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ASTD meeting date.
, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.