Join us for our September 4
Learning and Development professionals are beginning to leverage social media to support their training programs. Online tools like Twitter, Facebook, and blogs can be used to invite interaction and collaboration among learners. Online media transcends time and geographical barriers, while the social aspect provides for a shared learning experience. In this presentation, Robin Pierman will demonstrate how these tools can be used before, during, and after formal training to provide an informal social network for learning.
Hands on Simulations, Presentations Q&A
Facilitator: Robin Pierman
Robin Pierman, owner of Social Engagementz, LLC, is a professional trainer and coach. She presents technology workshops and coaches individuals on leveraging social media for business. In addition to working with her direct clients, she is on the faculty of Schoolcraft College’s Department of Continuing Education and Professional Development (CEPD). Robin serves as the Director of Social Media for the Greater Detroit Chapter of ASTD.
Learning Objectives - Attendees will learn:
1. The difference between social media and social learning
2. How organizations are incorporating social learning into their employee training programs
3. How different social media tools can be used to support learning programs
5:00 - 5:20 pm Buffet Dinner & Informal Networking
5:20 - 5:35 pm Welcome & Introductions
5:35 - 6:45 pm Presentation & Activities
6:45 - 7:00 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Registration: Register by September 2 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40 (Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, August 29.
Refunds after Friday, August 29 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ASTD meeting date.