April 2, 2020
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Simple Truths in Music Living & Leading
The simple truths in music, living and leading:As a prelude we explore the universal language of music, and apply its hierarchy of rhythm, melody and harmony to leading others to create order out of the chaos of organizational life.
The 1st movement is "Play...It's Supposed To Be Fun!" in which participants learn to rediscover their personal energy by feeding the 'CHILD' within.
The 2nd movement is "Practice... What You Put Into Your Life" whereby participants craft their own personal leadership brand, and how to express it via their musical catalog.
The 3rd movement is "Perform... Leave Exhausted!" allowing participants to set a leading intention and apply the musical techniques of 'leaving space'. 'call and answer' and 'all for the other' to organizational leadership.
Throughout this experience, participants will ask, listen, learn, reflect... and even SING!
In this session, we will:
- Apply the musical hierarchy of rhythm, melody and harmony to leading others and creating order out of the chaos of organizational life.
- Master 3 simple techniques of professional performance -'leaving space', 'call and answer' and 'all for the other' -to establish any leading intention.
- Understand 3 simple truths to establish the 'singing voice' that can capture the attention of your team.
- Rediscover the personal energy you thought was lost -by feeding the 'CHILD' within.
5:30 - 5:50 pm Dinner & Networking
5:50 - 6:05 pm Welcome & Introductions
6:05 - 7:15 pm Presentation & Practice
7:15 - 7:30 pm Learning Wrap-Up & Meeting Close
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Building
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Register by March 27 and save $5
- Chapter members = $20
- Student members = $15
- Non-member guests = $40
(Join now and save up to $25!)
Registrations are not considered definite or confirmed until payment has been submitted.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Cancellations will be accepted until 5 pm on March 27, 2020.
- Cancellations received prior to this time/date should be requested in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- Refunds will be issued either (1) by check (less a $5 processing fee) and will be mailed to the address on file or (2) transferred to the next scheduled A2ATD meeting date.
- Refunds after March 27 at 5 pm cannot be issued, but we will gladly accept a substitution should you wish to send someone in your place.
About the Presenter:
Don Brown is the developer of the powerful influence ‘Protocol’ and ‘Daily’ learning platforms, and author of “Simple Truths in Music and Life”, “Bring Out the Best in Every Employee” (McGraw-Hill), “What Got You Here Won’t Get You There in Sales” (McGraw-Hill) and “Situational Service® –Customer Care for the Practitioner.” Don has spent 30 years ‘helping people with people’ for the likes of Fifth Third Bank, Anheuser-Busch, Ford Motor Company, Getinge Group, SYKES, Getinge, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Jaguar Cars, Hilton Hotels, and many, many more.